How to reach here
- Bus to Vickramasingapuram from Chennai – overnight journey of less than 12 hours. The farm is a 5 minute drive from the bus stop. Tickets available on Redbus
- Bus to Ambasamudram from Bangalore – overnight journey of less than 12 hours. The farm is a 20 minute auto ride from Ambasamutram bus stop or you can take a local bus to Papanasam and walk to the farm. Tickets to Ambasamutram available on Redbus.
- Train to Tirunelveli, which is the nearest railway junction. It is 45 kms from the farm – An hour’s drive by car/cab. Bus ride from Tirunelveli’s new bus stand to Papanasam will take 1.5 hours. Station code is TEN on IRCTC. The farm is 3 kms from the Papanasam bus stop. You can come walking, hitch a ride or take an auto to the farm.
I personally advocate people to take train and bus journeys to get here instead of flights, because of the heavy carbon footprint of air travel.
Directions from Tirunelveli
– from Tirunelveli railway station, take a bus to New Bus Stand (about 10 rs).
– from platform 3 at New Bus Stand, take bus heading to Papanasam. There are 2 types of buses: regular and PP (point to point). If you get a PP, take that. It’ll stop at lesser stops. (45-50₹)
– get off at the penultimate bus stop called Dana/டானா (It’s डाना, not दाना)
– From Dana, which is 2 kms from the farm, you can either taken an auto or come walking, if you are travelling light
Tourist spots near by
In case you want to combine your visit to the farm with other places near by 🙂
- Papanasam Temple – 2.5 kms from the farm
- Agasthiyar Falls – 5 kms
- Karayar Dam – 17 kms drive, entry to Kalakad Mundanthurai closes at 4 pm
- Manimuthar Dam & Waterfalls – 20 kms drive, entry closes at 4 pm
- Courtallam waterfalls – one hour drive by car, 1.5 hour bus ride from the farm
- Manjolai Tea Estate – 2 hour drive
- Kanyakumari – 2.5 hours drive by car , 3 hours by bus
- Varkala & Trivandrum – 4 hours drive by car
Text us on instagram or email us to check our availability before dropping in please!
Jio, Airtel and BSNL networks work well at the farm.